Hello, welcome to Ap Web Academy. You can learn web concept step by step. Today I am going to show an important topic. That’s about your’s email security. How to save your Gmail account from hacking.
Sounds great! Gmail is an all in one tool for all of us. Today in the web world there is the lot of malware’s, trojans and virus. So, we must have awareness about our accounts security. Particularly for Gmail account.
Let’s look into deep how to save your Gmail account from hacking. You want to know more about me go to about page.
How to save your Gmail account from hacking.
Products from Amazon.in
Price: INR 614.00Was: INR 799.00
Price: INR 676.00Was: INR 866.00
Price: INR 489.00
Price: INR 150.00Was: INR 195.00
Price: INR 178.00Was: INR 250.00
FOLLOW ME STEP BY STEP.
Today we were using Gmail for almost every web transaction. Just take examples like if you can register accounts with any website with Gmail. And you can subscribe to any newsletter with Gmail. So we want more careful about Gmail account security. Now we go to check how to save your Gmail account from hacking.
- Go to Gmail.
- Log in to your account.
- Click on the top right side on your profile image.
- A small drop down window appears like below image.
- click on blue color My Account link.
- A new page called Sign-in & security appears in front of you.
- Page Looks like below image.
- Click on the signing into Google showing in blue color at first tab called Sign-in & security
- after that click a new page open
- scroll down the page for 2-step verification or authentication.
- It’s showing off mode.
- Click on the off.
- Your click takes to you a new page asking your password.
- Enter your password and follow the required guidelines.Then a new page open for 2-step verification
- on 2-step verification page click blue color box get started.
- After that, you take to a new page look like below image asking your mobile number.
Significant and necessary steps in this Gmail Security process.
- Enter your mobile number.
- Select text message or phone call.
- Click next. A new page open that asking OTP.
- OTP sent to your registered mobile number.
- If you not registered your mobile number register on signing in to the Google page.
- You registered already enter your OTP into the confirmation box.
- You enter the code. Google confirm the code and take you a new page.
- The page is showing ” It worked! Turn on 2-Step Verification?”. Click the below link turn on.
Now your account secured and when you are somebody trying to log in an OTP comes to your mobile number.
How I log in if I lost my mobile number or phone?
What I do if there is a signal problem not provides the OTP?
That’s big issue!. A lot of times Internet security Cause so many headaches. Now we see how to solve the above problems.
After you click on the turn on 2-step verification, a new page appeared. Look below image for an idea.
there in five options showing one is backup codes.
- Click on setup option.
- A new window appears in front of your eyes.
- The window was showing ten backup codes.
- Now carefully take a photo the backup codes with your mobile phone.
- And download the list by clicking the download option.
- Print the codes with clicking the print button.
- And take a screen shot.
- Most important thing save the codes in a safe and remind the place.
- Enter one code every time if you face the signal problem or when your number is not working or mobile number or phone loss time.
- After login opens with the backup code change your mobile number to the new one now you using.
And one more important thing process as mentioned earlier is enough security for your email account. You want more Web Security, try five more options showing on that page.
I hope this article gives an Idea for how to save your Gmail account from hacking. If you have any doubts on the process, you can contact me, without any hesitation. You can comment for small doubts below this article. You think this post useful for your near ones. Let’s share this. For more good posts like this in future, you can subscribe through email, are click and follow me hitting one of my social links.