hello, welcome to Ap Web Academy. today we discuss WordPress admin dash board writing settings.one of the most important settings. because these settings control all of your writing and posting and updating services. so, definitely, it will be a major part of all settings. then we want to set it more carefully. so, let’s check about these settings how to we set it?
before we go to the main part of the article, if you want to know about me let’s go here.
WordPress admin dash board writing settings
Products from Amazon.in
Wordpress to Go: How to Build a Wordpress Website on Your Own Domain, from Scratch, Even If You Are a Complete BeginnerPrice: INR 608.00Was: INR 667.00
Price: Check on Amazon
Price: Check on Amazon
Price: INR 449.00Was: INR 599.00
How to Create a Website Using Wordpress: The Beginner's Blueprint for Building a Professional Website in Less Than 60 MinutesPrice: INR 320.00Was: INR 358.85
Price: INR 718.00Was: INR 799.00
now you carefully follow me step by step.
- login to your admin account in WordPress.
- take your mouse to the settings tab.
- a drop down menu appears here.
- click on writing the link.
- a new page open that showing the writing settings page look like below.
- Default Post Category. choose which category you want to post. if you don’t select a one posts goes to uncategorized. like general, regular prefer which you want.
- Default Post Format. always set the standard. because it’s can do so many things.
- if you want to change some thing for video or quote or another one select which one you want.
- Post via email. let’s see what is WordPress saying “To post to WordPress by email you must set up a secret email account with POP3 access. Any mail received at this address will be displayed, so it’s a good idea to keep this address very secret. Here are three random strings you could use. 6abcdefghi, jklmnopqr, stuv3wxyz”. means you must set a pop3 server e mail account. any emails received from this address will be posted.
- I suggest everyone no need to choose to post from email. because we miss a lot of concepts and options.
if you want to post via email let’s check these things.
- Mail Server. Set a name for your mail server. It looks like mail.example.com
- port. Set it port appropriate one.
- Login Name. Set a login name for the mail. It’s like email@example.com.
- Password. More and more important. You have been very careful when you set the password for any account.
- Choose an easy and never forgotten for you. Other’s cannot guess your password. Select one like that.
- Default Mail Category. Select your posts published on which category.
Now we move to an important part of the WordPress admin dashboard writing settings
update services. WordPress saying about this “When you publish a new post, WordPress automatically notifies the following site update services. For more about this, see Update Services on the Codex. Separate multiple service URLs with line breaks.”. means when ever you post WordPress tells to the below sites for updates. by default, WordPress gives only one service http://rpc.pingomatic.com/ it is very useful. if you any pinging site URLs add all of the to list.
now click the save changes button. that’s it. and one more important thing is always trying to set these settings to your own required conditions. this is a very important thing.
you can learn about other settings below.
- 1.what I do after installing WordPress
- 2.WordPress admin dashboard permalink settings
- 3.WordPress admin dashboard general settings
- 4.wordpress admin panel reading settings
- 5.WordPress admin dashboard discussion settings
- 6.WordPress admin dashboard media settings
I hope this article gives an Idea of WordPress admin panel writing configuration. if you have any doubts on the process, you can contact me, without any hesitation. you can comment for small doubts below this article. you think this post useful for your near ones. let’s share this on your favorite social platform. for more good posts like this in future, you can subscribe through email, are click and follow me hitting one of my social links.