Hello, welcome to Ap Web Academy. You can learn web concepts step by step here. After setting admin profile in the earlier post what I do after Install WordPress, now we move to WordPress admin dashboard permalink settings. The important thing before you do anything with your website or blog!. Why because almost your future aspects everything depends on these critical settings. So, now must concentrate on these settings before anything post or promote in your website or blog. Now we move to learn how these settings work and what we want to set in our dashboard.
You want no about me go to about page
WordPress admin dashboard permalink settings
Ok, now where to start? Let’s check. Before reading this article go and check WordPress.
I prefer everyone to first go to the permalink. A must do a thing for every website owner before starting anything. Your admin dashboard looks like below image.
Mouse Goes to settings->permalinks. Then your screen looks like same as below.
- Permalinks contain a flat numbering URL like https://yoursite.com/?p=123.
- But this is not a good structure for search engines crawling, and this is not useful for your ranking.
- So change it to Post name.this will boost your site.
- Why? because when you write an article like “something you write” the main heading or the keyword appear in your URL.
- Then your URL look like https://yoursite.com/something-you-write/
- Leave remaining all. There is No problem with those settings.
Do you want to know about what is this all? Let me explain them. It is a good idea as a website or blog admin to know these all permalink structure.let’s check all.
Products from Amazon.in
How to Create a Website Using Wordpress: The Beginner's Blueprint for Building a Professional Website in Less Than 60 MinutesPrice: INR 320.00Was: INR 358.85
Price: Check on Amazon
Price: INR 449.00Was: INR 599.00
Wordpress to Go: How to Build a Wordpress Website on Your Own Domain, from Scratch, Even If You Are a Complete BeginnerPrice: INR 608.00Was: INR 667.00
Price: Check on Amazon
how WordPress admin dashboard permalinks work
- First and default by WordPress is https://yoursite.com/?p=123. P stands for post and 123 is the id of the post.WordPress generates a permalink URL for every time you open a post or page.it’s not contain your keyword are the main heading.
- The second one is day and name.this type permalinks are call as pretty permalinks. For every post, WordPress generates a permalink URL that includes a year, month, day and post title. https://yoursite.com/2017/06/28/sample-post/
- The third one is month and name.also this type permalinks are call as pretty permalinks.For this kind of permalinks, WordPress automatically generates a permalink URL that includes the year, month and posts title. https://yoursite.com/2017/06/sample-post/
- Next and the fourth one is numeric. WordPress automatically assigns a numeric value Permalink URL for every post. Looks like https://yorsite.com/archives/123
- Post name. The last pre-designed and my preferred one. If you set your permalink structure to assign to this, WordPress generates only the post name after yoursite.com, and it is a chance for you put your keyword are the main heading in your permalink. If you create an article heading with four to five short words, then the permalink URL showing that. Then search engines quickly understand what your URL? which information contained in that URL is.
- Example: if you create a post name as sample post. Then your permalink looks like https://yoursite.com/sample-post/
- Custom structure. It is a custom permalink URL design. You have full idea about this then try this. Otherwise never touch this.
- Optional. Optional has two rows category and tags. Leave also them as default.
Now, what you think about WordPress admin dashboard permalink settings
ok, you understand the basics. So, I always suggest everyone set the permalink structure to post name. Then your screen looks like below image.
Most important thing is once you set a preferred permalink structure, you never try to change it in future. Because of a lot of 404 and 301, 302 and many more errors. Means your site had broken links and lost most traffic until you set redirecting. So, be careful about setting permalink structure.
You Can Check more settings.
- 1.what I do after installing WordPress?
- 2.WordPress admin dashboard general settings
- 3.wordpress admin panel reading settings
- 4.WordPress admin dashboard writing settings
- 5.WordPress admin dashboard discussion settings
- 6.WordPress admin dashboard media settings
I hope this article gives an Idea for WordPress admin dashboard permalink settings. If you have any doubts on the process, you can contact me. Without any hesitation. You can comment for small doubts below this article. You think this post useful for your near ones. Let’s share this. For more good posts like this in future, you can subscribe through email. Are click and follow me hitting one of my social links.